Need APRN for Chemotherapy & Hazardous Drug Working Group
The Dept of Labor and Industry has been asked by Senator Chris Eaton and Representative Erin Murphy to convene a Chemotherapy and Hazardous Drug working group. The intent of the working group is to study ways to keep healthcare workers safe while working with hazardous drugs.
Our organization has been selected to appoint an APRN to be a part of this workgroup.
Topics suggested for discussion include:
- Identification and assessment of hazards
- Establishing policies and training programs for handling hazardous drugs, and
- Standardizing reporting of exposures to these drugs.
The Dept of Labor and Industry is interested in gathering the following information prior to our first meeting:
- What standards, guidelines or recommendations do you currently follow, or recommend to your stakeholders regarding the handling of hazardous drugs?
- What areas do you feel are of a greatest concern, to help us prioritize the discussion?
- What are the primary challenges in protecting employees when handling of hazardous drugs?
- In what areas could DLI, specifically MNOSHA, provide assistance in regard to hazardous drugs?
If you have and interest or knowledge in this subject and would like to represent the MN APRN Coalition in this working group please follow the link to the "Contact Us" form on our website.
DEADLINE is Monday July 25th to respond