Seeking CNM for Pregnancy Task Force appointment
Dear Minnesota CNMs
The Minnesota APRN Coalition has received the authority to appoint one Certified Nurse Midwife to the Minnesota Task Force on Pregnancy and Substance Use Disorders (TFPSUD) and is seeking interested applicants.
About the Task Force
- The Task Force on Pregnancy Health and Substance Use Disorders was established to recommend protocols for when physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, and physician assistants should administer a toxicology test and requirements for reporting for prenatal exposure to a controlled substance. The Task Force is multidisciplinary.
- Members of the Task Force will develop recommended protocols for when a toxicology test for prenatal exposure to a controlled substance should be administered to a birthing parent and a newborn infant.
- The task force must also recommend protocols for providing notice or reporting of prenatal exposure to a controlled substance to local welfare agencies under Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 260E
- The first meeting will be convened by October 15, 2023.
- The meeting format will be primarily virtual, with the option to hold in-person meetings in the spring, should the task force determine as necessary.
- Task force members should plan to meet monthly for approximately 2 hours for the first year.
- Dates and scheduling will be determined based on Task Force members’ availability through a survey once members are identified.
- All Task force appointments and activities will conclude December 1, 2024
If you are interested in being considered to serve on the Task Force
please email email@example.com to receive an application.